RRUUC Annual Bazaar
Saturday, November 4, 2023, 8am to 3pm
If you’re a member or friend of RRUUC, click below for more information on what you can donate and how you join the fun!
About the Bazaar: Good Goods at Great Prices
- For 60 years, several hundred River Road volunteers have transformed our building into a well-stocked department store full of high quality, gently used, donated goods sold at great prices.
- The River Road Bazaar provides affordable merchandise for shoppers from the greater community, including a large group of repeat bargain hunters and dealers.
- Proceeds fund the work of our congregation.
- Shoppers demonstrate their commitment to the environment by buying gently used goods. Plus, after the sale we actively recycle all we can to other organizations.
- All this takes place thanks to hundreds of River Road volunteers!
Find Bargains Galore at the Bazaar
Shop these departments throughout the day:
- White Elephant (household and miscellaneious items)
- Men’s and Women’s Cothing (from casual to formal, including shoes and accessories)
- Children’s Books, Toys, and Clothing
- Sporting Goods (including bicycles)
- Baked Goods
For most of these departments, there are bag sales at the end of the day, too.
Not Your Average Bazaar!
The Bazaar is big! Every room in the building, plus tents outside, house thousands of items for great shopping.
In the below video of the White Elephant department – from set-up, to the end of clean-up, to the set-up for our worship service the next day – you can see the event’s energy, service to the community, and great bargains.
Great Finds and Silent Auction
We’ve collected exceptional high-quality items such as fine jewelry and artwork, china, and collectibles.
Some can be purchased on the spot and some will be part of the Silent Auction.
For those that are part of the Silent Auction, browse through the display of Silent Auction items, bid on your favorites, and check back to see if you are the lucky winner! (There will be one closing time for the Silent Auction.)
How to Get Here
River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 6301 River Road, Bethesda, Maryland
There is some parking in our parking lot and more available on nearby streets.
- From Rockville Metro: T2 Bus
- From Bethesda Metro: 29 Ride On
- From Friendship Heights Metro: T2 or 29 Ride On
Hungry? Get food from Sambal, a food truck. Learn more by checking out their website and their Yelp reviews. We’ll also have delicious baked goods on site. Thirsty? Don’t forget to bring your reusable water bottle!