Generosity is a spiritual practice.
It is a way to live your values in today’s unprecedented times for our community and our world. Our gifts of time, talent and treasure are an opportunity for us to grow together as individuals and as a community sharing a common purpose.
River Road’s common purpose is to meet the spiritual aspirations of people of free faith through inspiring worship, life-long religious education, a caring community, and opportunities to put our faith into action in society.
Together we can be a loving community and realize our mission … provided we have the necessary resources. Creating a financially sustainable congregation requires all of us — members, friends and anyone who benefits from the programs we offer — to give generously so we can share and enrich our lives.
When you donate to River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation, you practice generosity and support the work we do to create love, justice, and peace in the world. We receive no financial support beyond that offered by members, friends, and those who rent our building.
You can support the congregation and its work in a number of ways:
- Make a contribution or gift at any time. When you donate to River Road, you practice generosity and support the work we do to create love, justice, and peace in the world. If you would like to donate to River Road now, use our secure access.
- Make a pledge to the Annual Stewardship Campaign. Every pledge plays a decisive role in our ability to fulfill our mission. Pledging allows your contribution to count when we budget for the next financial year (July 1 to June 30). We encourage new members and friends to pledge as soon as they are prepared to make a commitment to River Road, and then to pledge each successive year during the Stewardship Campaign. Your pledge can be paid in installments during the financial year or in a lump sum.
- Donate to one of RRUUC’s Social Justice Designated Gift Organizations. We have a strong commitment to generosity and service in social justice. You can give to our Designated Gift Organizations through monthly outreach collections or any time.
- Make a legacy gift to the Endowment Fund. Contributions to the endowment help secure, strengthen, and extend the long-term mission and survival of the Congregation.
Suggested Payment Methods:
- Online. You can make a secured one-time payment from your bank account or credit card. You can also set up automatic payments from your bank account or credit card as well as check your prior gifts and pledge balance. Click here to pay online.
- Text-to-Give. You can use your phone to give a secure contribution by texting to: 73256 then message: RRUUC + amount.
- By Check. You can mail a check to River Road or place a check in the offering basket on Sunday. Be sure to note on the “Memo” line the purpose of the payment (e.g., Operating Budget, Social Justice, Endowment).
- By Phone. You can pay by phone with a credit card by calling our administration office, 301-229-0400.
- Transfer of Stock. You can pay by transferring ownership of stock to River Road. Please follow these Stock Donation Instructions.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions. If you are 70-1/2 or older, you may be able to reduce your income taxes by making Qualified Charitable Deductions (QCDs) from your IRA account as outlined here. Find answers to some of your questions on the IRS site here.