The 2024-2025 Financial Stewardship Campaign begins February 25, 2024 and runs through March 24, 2024. Your pledge to give in the next fiscal year will help the ministers and board of trustees establish a budget for the next fiscal year.

Our goal is to raise $960,000 in gifts for the RRUUC July 2024-June 2025 fiscal year.

“Stewardship” refers to the careful and responsible management of something of value entrusted to one’s care. RRUUC depends on giving to pay its talented staff, maintain programming including Religious Education, and care for our award-winning mid-century building and grounds. Gifts from the RRUUC community are the major source of funding for the congregation.  

Everyone—members, friends, and occasional guests—is encouraged to give. Membership is not required. In giving, you support and sustain the vibrant RRUUC community to which we all belong.

Contributions are fully tax deductible and you will receive quarterly statements.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a pledge to give?
The easiest way is to click on this link to submit your pledge online. Or click on the green “Make A Pledge” button on the top banner of the RRUUC home page. You can also send an email to

How much should I give?
Gifts of any amount make a difference—what is important is that everyone in the community participates in supporting RRUUC’s operating costs.

This year’s Stewardship Campaign goal is to raise $960,000 in pledges which would represent about 77% of RRUUC’s estimated $1.25 million operating expense budget (the remaining 23% would be made up of building rentals, Bazaar and auction proceeds, and miscellaneous revenue such as Sunday collections and gifts). This is what it actually costs to sustainably fund RRUUC’s operations for a year.

What is the difference between a pledge and a gift?
It’s all in the timing. We ask the community to pledge during the Stewardship Campaign (February and March of each year) to make a gift during the upcoming fiscal year (July 2024 to June 2025). The total amount of gifts pledged by the community during the campaign gives the Budget Committee time to plan for the upcoming fiscal year.

You can then fulfill your pledge to give during the upcoming fiscal year to help RRUUC most accurately track giving and spending according to the fiscal year. However, you can make your gift at any time that works for you.

When and how do I fulfill the gift that I’ve pledged to make?
You can fulfill your pledge any time that works for you before or during the RRUUC fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Here are all the methods for making a payment on your pledge:

  • Online. You can make a secured, one-time payment from your bank account or credit card. You can also set up automatic payments from your bank account or credit card as well as check your prior gifts and pledge balance. Click here to pay online. Choose “Operating 24-25” from the dropdown menu.
  • Text-to-Give. You can use your phone to give a secure contribution by texting to 732-56, then message: RRUUC + amount. (If you use this option, we ask that you do not make your contribution before the new fiscal year begins on July 1, 2024.)
  • By Check. You can mail a check to River Road. Be sure to note “Operating 24-25” on the “Memo” line.
  • Transfer of Stock. You can pay by transferring ownership of stock to River Road. Please follow these Stock Donation Guidelines.
  • Qualified Charitable Distributions. If you are 70-1/2 or older, you may be able to reduce your income taxes by making Qualified Charitable Deductions (QCDs) from your IRA account as outlined here. Find answers to some of your questions on the IRS site here.
  • Donor Advised Fund or Recommended Grant. Consult with your financial advisor or tax professional about this option. Some guidance may suggest that donor advised funds cannot be used to fulfill pledges, but this applies only to legally binding pledges. Pledges made to RRUUC during the Stewardship Campaign are NOT legally binding and therefore this option to give is possible.

What if I want more information?
Please contact us! Email your questions to