The 2023-2024 Financial Stewardship Campaign begins February 26, 2023 and runs through March 26, 2023. Your pledge will help the ministers and board of trustees establish a budget for the next fiscal year, so prompt pledges are much appreciated.
Our goal is to raise $1,100,000 in pledges.
The word stewardship refers to the careful and responsible management of something of value entrusted to one’s care. A pledge to the annual stewardship campaign supports RRUUC’s operating expenses and sustains our congregation. Everyone who participates in River Road, whether as a member, friend, or occasional guest or participant, is encouraged to pledge. Membership is not required. We welcome pledges from those who choose not to formally join the congregation.
Because the pandemic years have negatively affected RRUUC’s income from building rentals and our annual bazaar, pledges are more important than ever. Your pledges will help River Road pay its talented staff, maintain programming including Religious Education, and care for our award-winning mid-century building and grounds.
Contributions are fully tax deductible and you will receive quarterly statements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make a pledge?
The easiest way to pledge is to click on this link and submit your pledge online. Or click on the green “Make A Pledge” button on the top banner of the web site at any time. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How much should I pledge?
The amount you pledge is a personal decision. But make no mistake: your pledge – of whatever amount – is important. This chart outlines RRUUC’s suggested categories. Last year’s average household pledge was $3,229.
|Giving Category||Giving Range|
|Supporter||Individual/Couple||Up to $2,000/Up to $3,000|
|Sustainer||Individual/Couple||$2,000 – $4,000/$3,000 – $5,000|
|Visionary||Individual/Couple||Over $4,000/Over $5,000|
This year’s Stewardship Campaign has a very ambitious goal, to raise $1.1 million in pledges, which would represent about 85% of RRUUC’s estimated $1.3 million operating expense budget (the remaining 15% would be made up of building rentals, Bazaar and auction proceeds, and miscellaneous revenue such as Sunday collections and gifts). This is what it actually costs to sustainably fund RRUUC’s operations for a year. Many of us have seen the cost of almost everything rise dramatically, due to inflation over the past year, and RRUUC’s expenses are no exception. These costs will not go back to what they were a year ago. Please consider “stepping up” to a higher category and/or increasing your pledge by at least 10%.
How can I fulfill (pay) my pledge?
You can fulfill your pledge any time that works for you before or during the fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Here are all the methods for making a payment on your pledge:
- Online. You can make a secured, one-time payment from your bank account or credit card. You can also set up automatic payments from your bank account or credit card as well as check your prior gifts and pledge balance. Click here to pay online. Choose “Operating 23-24” from the dropdown menu.
- Text-to-Give. You can use your phone to give a secure contribution by texting to 73256, then message: RRUUC + amount.
- By Check. You can mail a check to River Road. Be sure to note “Operating 23-24” on the “Memo” line.
- By Phone. You can pay by phone with a credit card by calling our office, 301-229-0400, ext. 101.
- Transfer of Stock. You can pay by transferring ownership of stock to River Road. Please follow these Stock Donation Guidelines.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions. If you are 70-1/2 or older, you may be able to reduce your income taxes by making Qualified Charitable Deductions (QCDs) from your IRA account as outlined here. Find answers to some of your questions on the IRS site here.
- Donor Advised Fund or Recommended Grant
What if I want more information?
Please contact us! Email your questions to email@example.com.