The Potomac Partnership was conceived by the senior ministers of the Fairfax, River Road ,and Cedar Lane congregations in early 2020. The congregations formed this partnership in an effort to share our gifts, meet our common challenges, and practice our faith more holistically. The challenges to the systems, structure and sustainability of religion in America have been present long before the onset of COVID-19. This raises the question of how the three congregations can explore new and creative ways of furthering the work of our individual congregations, while also sharing our significant gifts to meet our common challenges.
- Shared worship services
- Guest ministers at each others’ congregations
- Music events and classes
- Regular lay leader meetings
- Shared music resources for worship
- Joint pastoral care training and support
- Stewardship discussions
- Shared Adult Education programming
- Shared anti-racism curriculum for adults and children
- Parent caregiving group
- Art classes
- Sexuality educators training
- Middle and high school fellowship events
Potomac Partnership events
Potomac Partnership events were designed for participation by all three congregations in the Potomac Partnership and most are open to the community. Find out about the latest Potomac Partnership and other events in the eWeekly.