The Sunday morning worship service is one way that we tell our story as a congregation. As Unitarian Universalists, we are uniquely unfettered by creeds. There are no requirements here about what you have to believe or not believe. We are also dedicated to deep engagement with spiritual truths across a broad range of theological differences and personal identities.
At our best, Sunday morning at River Road is a music-filled meet-and-greet with our very highest values. It is an encounter with with the sacred that gives us energy and commitment for the days and weeks ahead.
- Join us each Sunday at 9:15 and 11:15 AM during the school year and 10:00 in the summer
- Most Sunday services are led by our Senior Minister, Rev. Nancy McDonald Ladd, but many voices weave together to create each Sunday experience.
- Sunday morning at River Road are engaging and multi-generational, with programming for children and youth woven into the worship experience and offered in our thriving religious education program
So often, the world throws so much our way – personal struggles, global chaos, fast paces, and busy schedules. We also hold gratitude for the ways in which our lives bring joy. Essentially, we all hold a myriad of truths. And in the midst of our busyness it can be challenging to connect with what’s in our hearts, especially in the midst of a struggling world.
Traditionally, a Vespers service is a “sunset evening prayer” – typically a more contemplative, soulful service that promotes inward connection.
At River Road, a Vespers service can be a time to explore and experiment with what Worship can be, and already is. A time to gather and be with the complexities of our world and our hearts. A time to connect, to deepen, and to return again.
Vespers is collaborative and participatory, so if you have ideas or would like to help coordinate, please contact Rev. Amanda Weatherspoon.
Dates for upcoming Vespers are:
- Saturday, December 21, 7pm, Winter Solstice
- Late Winter and Spring, with dates to come.
All are welcome!