Explore, experience, and find out if River Road feels like the spiritual home for you.
Take your time. There are many opportunities to see if RRUUC is right for you – let your interests, preferences, and personal journey help guide you.
Here are two special events tailored for you:
- Newcomers Brunch with the Minister: Enjoy brunch, chat with our minister and others, and have your questions answered. Brunch is held between services at 10:30-11:30am so you can attend the service before or after the brunch. Watch for upcoming dates in our newsletter, or contact Naan Pocen to learn more.
- Second Sundays for Newcomers: This eight part series covers the basics of Unitarian Universalism and RRUUC including Faith Development, Social Action & Community Service, and UU History, Principles & Sources. Attend all eight to get the most benefit or attend the topics you’re most interested in. Curious? Contact Gabrielle Farrell, 301-229-0400. Second Sundays each month, 10:30-11:30am.
In addition to coming on Sundays, some of the best ways to connect with others and learn more about us and our faith are:
- Subscribe to the eWeekly: Find the details on the most current activities in our weekly e- newsletter by contacting Sheri Blanchette.
- Small Groups: Participate in gatherings to get acquainted, deepen relationships with others, and explore, study, and reflect on selected themes and topics.
- Activity Groups: Join in interest focused events and get-togethers to meet others, have fun, and connect.
- Events: Take part in the many events throughout the year, from the Annual Retreat in September to the Latin America Fiesta in May, to the multi-generational service learning trip in the summer.
- Lifelong Learning: Explore Adult Religious Education and Children and Youth Programs
- Social Justice Action: Become involved in social justice actions that you’re passionate about.