Adult Spiritual Development Classes
Classes listed on this page support our congregational mission to grow deeper in Fellowship, Spirit and Service. Current offerings, highlighted in blue, are linked to more information.
- Classes are held at RRUUC, in the community and some may be online.
- Many classes charge a fee and ask you to register (done by clicking the blue highlighted class name) while some classes are drop-in and ask for a free-will offering. Note: Fee-based classes help support classes and programs where training of leaders and/or payment of outside presenters is necessary. Additionally, fees provide scholarships allowing anyone to fully participate. The fee covers only a small portion of the costs with the remaining costs covered by congregant pledges to the congregation’s annual stewardship campaign.Full refunds are available for any class prior to the registration deadline; and
- some classes may ask for an accompanying application to ensure a diverse participant group or to invite written reflection; and we welcome
- your interest in offering a class! Complete an Adult RE Class proposal here.
Fellowship draws us into deeper relationship with and to our congregational community. Offerings that speak to this part of the RRUUC vision include:
- Newcomers Brunch
- 2nd Annual Baking Silly for the Holidays on December 7, 2020
Spiritual growth draws us into deeper relationship with the sacred, and how ever we might experience or name it, invites us to connect to the sources of our strength. Offerings that center on this part of the RRUUC vision include:
- Spiritual Storytelling with Scott opens in August 2019
- Spiritual Storytelling with Kimberly opens in August 2019
- Devised Work with Kimberly opens in August 2019
- Teacher Ingathering & Training on September 21, 2019
- Wellspring III — Intro (Sources) begins September 7, 2019
- Wellspring IV –Deep Questions (restricted registration to graduates)
- Insight Meditation Center of Washington (IMCW)
- Parent Encouragement Program (PEP)
Service draws us into deeper relationship to the world as it is and the world as it could be, so that we might be agents of change and hope. Offerings are:.
- Can What’s On Your Plate Cause Global Warming? Cowspiracy
- Democracy Bootcamp
- Transforming from Within: A series of ten (10) monthly engagements that employ different “frames” to learn about and reflect on the stories about race in America. Each session is a single offering though conceived of as a whole together. Registration for each event is separate with sliding scale fees. Some events require registration while you may drop-in for others (or register.)
- Film: A Ripple of Hope
- Frederick Douglass National Historic Site
- How Hamilton Amplies Race
- Anti-Racism Workshop: A Conversation for White People
- Exploring White Privilege Drop Ins Welcome January 27
- I am Not Your Negro: a Documentary Film & Discussion Feb.10
- Justice on Earth, the UUA Common Read March 10, 2019
- Brown Bag Debrief on the National Antiracism Book Festival; Festival on April 27 (sign up here); Debrief & Celebration on 4/27. Sign up here.
- Beloved Conversations Seven begins January 4, 2020 with a required retreat