Adult Spiritual Development Classes
Classes listed on this page support our congregational mission to grow deeper in Fellowship, Spirit and Service. Current offerings, highlighted in blue, are linked to more information.
- Classes are held at RRUUC, in the community and some may be online.
- Most require a fee and need you to register (done by clicking the blue highlighted class name) while some classes are drop-in and ask for a free-will offering;
- some may ask for an accompanying application to ensure a diverse participant group or to invite written reflection; and we welcome
- your interest in offering a class! Complete an Adult RE Class proposal here.
Fellowship draws us into deeper relationship with and to our congregational community. Offerings that speak to this part of the RRUUC vision include:
- Second Sundays Are For Newcomers
- Faith for the Unbeliever To Be Announced.
Spiritual growth draws us into deeper relationship with the sacred, and how ever we might experience or name it, invites us to connect to the sources of our strength. Offerings that center on this part of the RRUUC vision include:
- Spiritual Storytelling (three different sections) To Be Announced
- Teacher Ingathering & Training
- Wellspring I Full
- Wellspring II “What will you do with this one wild and precious life?” asks the poet Mary Oliver. Watch here how this 10-month program of distinctly Unitarian Universalist spiritual development is designed to answer that provocative question.
- Required attendance at an all-day retreat on September 29
- Meet 20x, between October through the 2nd week in June, on either the 2nd and 4th Sunday afternoons or Monday evenings (except December). Participants will determine.
- Individual Monthly sessions with a spiritual advisor. This cost is separate.
- Lead or support Wellspring in the future.
- Complete an application due by August 31. Cost is $100 but scholarships are available. Click on class name to access and indicate interest.
- Open to congregants. This program is brought to RRUUC by annual pledges.
- Insight Meditation Center of Washington (IMCW)
- Parent Encouragement Program (PEP)
Service draws us into deeper relationship to the world as it is and the world as it could be, so that we might be agents of change and hope. Offerings are: