Early in April the Earth Ministry invited congregants to make food-related climate action commitments during the service. We chose FOOD as our action area for this spring because food solutions are among the most powerful climate actions we can take as individuals. The whole family can participate in food-related actions, and by repeating them daily or weekly, we can strengthen our climate action practice into a spiritual one.
Here are some resources to help you make or keep your food-related commitments. Click each link to get more information!
HOW TO EAT FOR THE PLANET & REDUCE WASTE:
1. Eat more plant-based meals.
2. Get your food from local sources.
3. Don’t overbuy. Use everything you buy.
4. Waste less: eat your leftovers.
5. Turn your waste back into soil: compost!