The 2022-2023 Financial Stewardship Campaign begins February 27, 2022 and runs through March 27, 2022. Your pledge will help the ministers and board of trustees establish a budget for the next fiscal year, so prompt pledges are much appreciated.
Our goal is to raise $970,000 in pledges.
The word stewardship refers to the careful and responsible management of something of value entrusted to one’s care. A pledge to the annual stewardship campaign supports RRUUC’s operating expenses and sustains our congregation. Everyone who participates in River Road, whether as a member, friend, or occasional guest or participant, is encouraged to pledge. Membership is not required. We welcome pledges from those who choose not to formally join the congregation.
Because the ongoing pandemic has negatively affected RRUUC’s income from building rentals and our annual bazaar, pledges are more important than ever. (In past years, pledges have typically covered about 80% of annual operating expenses.) Your pledges will help River Road pay its talented staff, maintain programming including Religious Education, and care for our award-winning mid-century building and grounds.
Contributions are fully tax deductible and you will receive quarterly statements.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I pledge?
The amount you pledge is a personal decision. But make no mistake—your pledge, of whatever amount–is important. This chart outlines RRUUC’s suggested categories. Last year’s average household pledge was $3,047. Please consider “stepping up” to a higher category and/or increasing your pledge by 5%.
|Giving Category||Giving Range|
|Supporter||Individual/Couple||Up to $2,000/Up to $3,000|
|Sustainer||Individual/Couple||$2,000 – $4,000/$3,000 – $5,000|
|Visionary||Individual/Couple||Over $4,000/Over $5,000|
You can also consider pledging according to UUA’s Fair Share Contribution Guide, which suggests giving between 2% and 10% of your income.
How can I fulfill (pay) my pledge?
You can fulfill your pledge any time that works for you before or during the fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Here are all the methods for making a payment on your pledge:
- Online. You can make a secured, one-time payment from your bank account or credit card. You can also set up automatic payments from your bank account or credit card as well as check your prior gifts and pledge balance. Click here to pay online. Choose “Operating 22-23” from the dropdown menu.
- Text-to-Give. You can use your phone to give a secure contribution by texting to 73256, then message: RRUUC + amount.
- By Check. You can mail a check to River Road. Be sure to note Operating 22-23 on the “Memo” line.
- By Phone. You can pay by phone with a credit card by calling our office, 301-229-0400, ext. 101.
- Transfer of Stock. You can pay by transferring ownership of stock to River Road. Please follow these Stock Donation Guidelines.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions. If you are 70-1/2 or older, you may be able to reduce your income taxes by making Qualified Charitable Deductions (QCDs) from your IRA account as outlined here. Find answers to some of your questions on the IRS site here.
- Donor Advised Fund or Recommended Grant
What if I want more information?
Please contact us! Email your questions to email@example.com.