Spring Services Auction and The Great RRUUC Bake Off
Spring 2019 Auction RRUUC!
Members and friends have donated services and personalized items that their fellow RRUUCers bid on in a silent auction. It’s River Road’s number one destination to meet others while sharing something you enjoy. It’s also a chance to donate your time and talents to help benefit your congregation and its mission.
How does it work?
- Beginning Sunday, May 12, in the Fellowship Hall, bid sheets with pictures and descriptions can be perused and bid on. Bid early and often – some donated items/events have limited availability.
- Bidding continues on the two following Sundays, May 19 and May 26.
- Winners will be notified of their winnings via email in the week following the auction.
Just a sample of some of the many wonderful things available to bid on:
- Hotel rooms in Paris! Ooh la la!
- Getaways to New York State and Maine
- Trips to Museums and the Capitol
- Sailing on the Chesapeake Bay
- Hikes and Water Activities – fun for the whole family!
- Dinners with friends – Afghan, Fajitas, French Bistro, Greek, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Lamb, Raw, Salmon, Swiss Fondue, plus Beer and Wine Tastings – so many to choose from, so choose many!
- Card-making Class, Flower Arranging Class, Jewelry Making, Origami (plus Lunch!), Glass Plate Making
- Life Coaching, Piano Lessons, Yoga Classes
- Babysitting, Bicycle, Garden and Plant-sitting services
- Delicious Food – Bread, Cookies, Desserts, Soup
Please note – slight change to bidding in 2019
This year, each person/quantity will go on an individual line, i.e., Jane Doe would bid $35 and John Doe would bid $40 to attend a dinner with the starting bid of $35 and a minimum incremental bid of $5.
There are several items with a single bid amount – no incremental bidding – and a fixed number of winners. Check the bid sheets for these details.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Then join us for The Great River Road Bake Off, Sunday, June 9!
Complete with guest judges, entertainment, a couple of surprises, and cake-tasting. We’ll give awards for taste and presentation as we auction off our delectable delights. Watch for details on our variety of cakes that will be auctioned, our guest judges, and the surprise host of the festivities!