Sunday, June 4, 2023 12:30pm to 3pm
This year’s RRUUC Annual Congregational Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, June 4, 2023, online via Zoom. You can read the proposed meeting agenda here. Because of the virtual reality through which many of our members continue to participate in our Beloved Community, the meeting is being planned as an entirely virtual event with members connecting remotely by Zoom. Zoom instructions, link and password will be provided to voting-eligible members prior to the meeting. Please sign on to the Zoom link by 12:15pm on that day to permit member verification procedures.
At the Meeting, we will conduct the following business:
- Hear reports from the Board of Trustees, our Ministers, and the Treasurer
- Learn the results of the online elections of new members to the Board of Trustees and the Leadership and Nominations Committee
- Vote (via Zoom polling) on additional amendments to our bylaws, proposed by the Board of Trustees
- Review the 2023-24 budget
- Review our five-year strategic plan
- Congratulate awardees for their service to our congregation
We will be using the service Election Buddy prior to and briefly at the beginning of the meeting to streamline the voting process for Board of Trustees and L&N committee elections. Watch the video, embedded below and linked here, for a tutorial. (Note: this tutorial video features a Bylaw Amendment being voted on; RRUUC’s Bylaw Amendments will be voted on during the Annual Meeting via Zoom polling, to allow for discussion.)
Town Hall Sessions
There will be Town Hall sessions prior to the Annual Meeting as listed below. The Zoom link/password will be sent in advance.
- Wed., April 26, 7-8pm – remote Town Hall regarding the strategic plan [embedded below]
- Sun., April 30, 11:30am-12:30pm – in-person Town Hall regarding the strategic plan
- Wed., May 3, 7-8pm – remote Town Hall regarding the proposed bylaws changes [embedded below]
- Sun., May 7, 11:30am-12:30pm – in-person Town Hall regarding the proposed bylaws changes
- Wed., May 10, 7-8pm – remote Town Hall regarding the 2023-24 budget [embedded below]
- Sun., May 14, 11:30am-12:30pm – in-person Town Hall regarding the 2023-24 budget
Review the Five-year Strategic Plan (Board-approved on May 16)
Proposed Amendments to the Bylaws
Bylaw 6.1 Current Language and Draft Replacement Language
Proposed Technical Language Changes in Bylaws
Breakdown of Proposed 2023-24 RRUUC Budget
Candidates for Elected Positions
Click here to view the three Board of Trustees candidates.
Click here to view the four Leadership and Nominations Committee candidates.
Paper and Absentee Ballots
If you are unable to attend the virtual Annual Meeting, or if you prefer voting by paper ballot, an absentee ballot may be requested. Deadline to request a ballot is May 19; deadline to receive returned ballots is June 2. To request an absentee ballot and materials related to the meeting, contact Ana Lim or leave a message at the RRUUC office, 301-229-0400, ext. 101.
This page will update as we get further information – keep checking back.