This year’s RRUUC Annual Congregational Meeting for Members is scheduled for Sunday, June 14, 2020, 12:30pm. Because of the COVID-19 situation, it is being planned as an entirely virtual event with everyone connecting remotely by Zoom. Zoom instructions, link, and password will be provided prior to the meeting. Please sign on to the Zoom link by 12:15pm on that day to permit member verification procedures.
At the Meeting, we will conduct the following business:
- Complete the voting process to elect new members to the Board of Trustees and the Leadership and Nominations Committee
- Vote whether to pursue renewing RRUUC’s Green Sanctuary Accreditation under UUA guidelines
- Hear reports from the Board of Trustees, our Ministers, and the Treasurer
- Recognize exceptional member service
Town Hall Sessions
All meetings will be held via Zoom. Links and passwords will be provided in in a the Saturday email that includes the Sunday Service Zoom information.
Related to the Annual Meeting, there will be two Town Hall sessions in advance:
(1) Sunday, May 17, 5pm: Green Sanctuary Accreditation. This will be the subject of a vote at the Annual Meeting: The UUA’s Green Sanctuary program asks UU congregations to commit to upholding ecologically sound practices in the areas of worship and celebration, religious education, environmental justice, sustainable living, grounds and facilities management, and recycling and composting. The congregation will vote on whether RRUUC agrees to pursue the goal of maintaining its Green Sanctuary status according to the UUA’s Renewing the Green Sanctuary Accreditation guidelines.
(2) Sunday, June 7, 12:30pm: Providing information about the Zoom Annual Meeting, including how to participate in the Meeting and voting procedures during the Zoom meeting.
Separate from the Annual Meeting preparations, there will be two Town Hall sessions both about the proposed RRUUC Budget for fiscal year 2020-2021, which the Board is currently considering:
(1) Sunday, May 24, 12:30pm
(2) Tuesday, May 26, 7pm
Information for the Meeting
The information listed below will be provided as it is available.
- Candidate Biographies for the Board of Trustees
- Candidate Biographies for Leadership & Nominations (L&N)
- Information for the Green Sanctuary Motion
- Information for the Voting Process
If you are unable to attend the meeting or if you prefer voting U.S. mail by paper ballot, please request an absentee ballots by the May 29 deadline. The deadline to receive returned ballots is June 12. Request an absentee ballot via email here. To request absentee ballots, and materials related to the meeting, via postal mail, contact the office, or call 301-229-0400, ext. 101 to leave a message.