Retreat 2022 Registration Information
Please read this page before registering.
A link to the registration form is at the bottom of this page.
As you complete the registration form, you will be asked to make some choices about attending limited capacity activities and meal options. Please read the information below before registering your family or group. If you have any questions, please contact the Retreat Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Limited capacity and advance sign-up activities
Most of the planned activities and workshops at the retreat will not require you to sign up in advance. We will ask that you indicate if you plan to attend a few of these activities, either because we need to limit the size of the group, or so presenters can plan ahead for the approximate number of people who will participate in their activity.
- Nature walks: There will be four guided nature walks during the retreat. The registration form lists the size limit for each session. If more people sign up for any of these sessions, we will assign a random priority order for each attendee and will make spots on the walk available in that order.
- Drumming circle: There is no attendance limit, but we ask that you indicate if you plan to participate, and if you will be bringing your own drum or percussion instrument, so the leader knows how many instruments to bring.
- Bike rides: Please indicate if you plan to join the guided bike rides, so that the leaders can plan for the size of the group.
- Frisbee golf: Please indicate if you would like to join a group going to do a round on the park’s Frisbee golf course.
We are happy to say that we will be able to share meals together at this year’s retreat! Lunch on Saturday and a brunch on Sunday will be included in the retreat registration. You are welcome to bring your own food if you prefer to. On the registration form you will be asked if you want to have the provided meal or bring your own, to help us plan the quantities needed.
Saturday: Plant-based cookout lunch
In recognition of Earth Day and to help address climate change by reducing meat consumption, the Retreat Committee has asked the Animal Ministry task force to prepare a plant-based lunch that will feature alternative meats.
The menu for Saturday’s lunch is: Field Roast hotdogs and Impossible Burger patties, whole wheat buns, coleslaw, fruit, and vegan cupcakes or cookies.
We ask registrants who will not be present for the lunch or who would prefer to bring their own food to indicate this on the registration form. The Retreat Committee will provide charcoal and grills for those who wish to grill their own meat.
Sunday: Coffee hour and brunch
After the Sunday morning service and drumming circle, we’ll be serving a light brunch consisting of bagels, fruit, breakfast savories, coffee, tea, and juice.
Please indicate on the registration form if you plan to have the brunch.
Registration Fees and Family Cap
You will be able to register to attend both days, or for Saturday or Sunday only. If everyone in your family will be attending the same days, please register all of your family members on one form. If some of your family will be attending a different day or different number of days than the rest of your group, please submit a separate form for that person.
We have set a cap on the total registration fee for families that’s equivalent to the fee for two adults and two children. If you are submitting more than one registration form and think your group will hit the family cap, please submit your registration, but wait to pay the registration fee until you consult with the registrar to confirm your total fee. Contact the registrar by emailing email@example.com.
Park Admission Fees
Seneca Creek State Park charges an admission fee on weekends. Note: Your registration fee does not cover the Park’s admission fee, so please plan to bring cash or a credit card to pay the following fee(s) at the Park’s entry gate:
- $3 per person for Maryland residents
- $5 per person for out-of-state residents
- Children in car seats and booster seats are free.
Fees are waived for the following:
- Maryland State Parks passport / State Park and Trail Passport holders enter for free (with everyone in their vehicle!)
- Veterans and active-duty military/National Guard enter for free when they display their military cards at the gate. (Other people in the same vehicle will be charged the admission fee.)
- Holders of a Maryland Golden Age Pass (62+) or Maryland Universal Disability Pass enter for free. (Other people in the same vehicle will be charged the admission fee.)
Seneca Creek State Park is a Maryland State Park. National Park Service passes/passports will not be honored.