BOOKKEEPER NEEDED – UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION
Bookkeeper needed for a busy Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Bethesda, MD. Duties include but are not limited to: general ledger, payroll taxes, budget, and financial reports and analysis.
This is a 30-hour per week year round position, which will involve at least one evening meeting a month. Position to start asap.
• Physical presence — some telecommuting available for this position, but certain functions must be done in person.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite. Knowledge and experience in All Church Software (ACS) Financial modules a plus.
• Skill in using automated accounting systems.
• Demonstrable knowledge of standard bookkeeping practices and procedures including payroll, accounts payable, General Ledger, and financial reporting.
• Knowledge of non-profit fund accounting.
• Knowledge of church activities and accounts desirable.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with a variety of people in routine and stressful circumstances.
• Must be able to pass a routine background check, and an accounting skills test.
• Willingness to understand and work within Unitarian Universalist Principles (https://www.uua.org/beliefs/who-we-are/video), though membership is not required.
• Must be bondable. Must be a self-starter.
• Patience and a sense of humor.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. References may be requested later.
Hourly rate: $25/hr
We are a liberal religious community where you can meet others, worship, experience life-long religious education, put your faith into action, and grow yourself and your family in community, spirit, and service. River Road Unitarian Universalist Congregation is a Welcoming Congregation (GLBTQ+) and a Green Sanctuary.