When is the Retreat?
Friday, September 9 through Sunday, September 11. Check-in begins at 4 pm on Friday. We’ll have a dinner of hamburgers and other picnic food between 6 and 6:30 pm, followed in the evening by a campfire, hot dogs to roast for late arrivals, s’mores, and singing near Sharp Hall. We have use of the camp until 4 pm on Sunday, with our last meal being lunch.
Cost per person
Adult (>22 years)
HS Youth/Young Adult (High School-22 years)
Children/MS Youth (3 years to Middle School)
Baby (<3 years)
Day Tripper (Saturday only)
*The above rates include Cabin accommodations, meals, and all activities.
**Nuclear family cap of $420 (early) or $460 (late) staying in cabins. Deductions come off the cap and upgrades add to the cap.
Lodging and Other Adjustments
Upgrade to Cottage (limited availability)
Add $200 per room with 3 beds
Upgrade to Stewart Lodge
Add $45 per person
Bringing your own tent
Same as cabin rate (Please indicate this for planning purposes). All tenters are assigned cabin space in case of rain.
Deduct $10 per person
Donation to the Scholarship Fund
If you need a scholarship email retreat(at)rruuc.org and the appropriate person will be in touch confidentially.
More information and examples of common situations are available at Rates.
Rustic and communal. There is no air conditioning and no heat, but all accommodations have electricity. Bring a fan! Shared bathrooms/showers (except in the Cottages). Cabin options are included in the cost of the Retreat for everyone. Cottages, Stewart Lodge, and pitching your own tent are also options. If the available options don’t work for you, remember that you can stay offsite nearby.
- COTTAGES are reserved by the room. Each room sleeps 3 and has its own bathroom with a shower. There are 3 rooms in each cottage. Cement floors and beds with foam mattresses. No heat or A/C. When registering, only add the Cottage surcharge once per 3-person room.
- STEWART LODGE is divided into 3 sections that sleep 8 or 9. More than one family/party may be staying in each section. Shared bathrooms/showers (i.e. one multi-user bathroom with stalls per 8 or 9 person section). Cement floors and beds with foam mattresses. Heated. No A/C.
- CABINS sleep 5-12 and are near shared restroom/shower facilities. Cement floors and bunk beds with foam mattresses. More than one family/party may be staying in each cabin. No heat or A/C.
- High School & Middle School students may stay together in reserved cabins with advisors.
- TENT camping on the grounds near shared restrooms/shower facilities.
Camp Tockwogh is a YMCA camp on the bayside of the Eastern Shore of Maryland. You can drive out to the camp in about two and a half hours depending on traffic over the Bay Bridge.
Yes. We’d love to have you at the Retreat, even if it’s only for the day on Saturday.
There are no plans for a bus at this time. However, if enough Saturday attendees are interested, the Retreat Committee may consider arranging for a van or small bus. This might require an additional fee above the Saturday day-trip rate.
If you are interested in this option, please register for the retreat and mark on your registration that you need a ride. This will allow the Retreat Committee to gauge interest in this option. You do not need to submit payment immediately with your registration, and the decision to provide a van/bus (or not) will be announced in advance of the deadline to cancel with a full refund.
Camp Tockwogh staff will prepare and provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner in Sharp Hall at specific times, where we will eat as a group. Vegetarian options will be available at all meals where the main offering is not vegetarian. A salad bar will also be available at lunch and dinner. Water will always be available at Sharp Hall, but we recommend you bring a water bottle in order to keep hydrated. If you want any snacks, you should bring them with you. For the fire Friday night and events Saturday night, please bring snacks to share. Please note any dietary restrictions on your registration.